12 Apr 6 Key Factors that will impact your Tattoo Removal treatment
How long it takes to remove your Tattoo can be impacted by 6 Key Factors.
These factors can increase the number of treatment sessions needed to achieve complete removal of your unwanted tattoo.
The 6 Key Factors are:
- Fitzpatrick Skin Type (a scale that classifies a person’s skin type by their response to sun exposure in terms of the degree of burning and tanning)
- Tattoo Layering (if the tattoo is a cover-up)
- Location on the body (the closer to the heart, the faster the clearing)
- Ink colours (a multi-coloured tattoo can take longer to clear, and some colours are harder to remove than others such as green, yellow and orange)
- Amount of ink (vividness of tattoo, if it was professionally applied)
- Pre-existing scarring (the process of getting inked resulted in scaring, sometimes not visible until the tattoo has been completely removed)
There are also some other factors that can affect the number of treatments required. These include a patient’s good health, a younger age, if they are physically fit, and if they have a strong immune system. If a patient has these, then they will tend to see results faster than an older patient or one that is not physically active, is unhealthy or even smokes.
To speed up the tattoo removal process, and to make your tattoo removal treatments more effective you can:
- Increase exercise
- Stop smoking
- Drink plenty of water
- Massage the treated area (once healed)
- And strictly adhere to aftercare instructions set by your treating medical professional
Written By Andrea
Registered Nurse and Founder of The Skin Manifesto
Andrea is a Registered Nurse that has been achieving solution-focused results for her clients with her 12+ years experience in the Cosmetic industry.
She is also a certified laser safety officer, an advanced dermal clinician, and an advanced-level certified cosmetic injector.
Call us now on 02 8544 3054 or Book Online for a Free Consultation